Yamaha X Generation [Project : 2011]
X Generation is my Favorite Project when I was work as Promotion Manager in Yamaha.
X Generation is the most special activity, Innovating & creating new benchmark event as role model, the breakthrough way to success a big event without National Artist.
First, from our analysis based on market report, we found Yamaha Image as Umbrella Brand for all line up product not strong enough to reach Middle-Up Consumer Mind set. Yamaha only strong in low segment market. Yamaha image among the customers and Yamaha Sales/Front liner people itself was a Low Class Product.
Second, We have several product such as Xeon, Jupiter MX and V-ixion who had so many potential features on technology, engine performance and design but have slow response from our market/communities.
Product with Superior advantages such as Xeon, Jupiter MX and V-ixion could be use as Yamaha icon or flagship product in each category (matic, moped and sport) to support Yamaha images “Semakin di Depan”, High tech, Exclusive, Cool, Unique and Dynamic . These images have become standard for choosing motorcycle product on middle up customer. We’ll choose urban/hobbies communities that representative exclusive, high tech, cool and dynamic image. We also want to encourage our Sales/ Front liner people that Yamaha also have Superior product with this campaign.
Yamaha X Generation Campaign. The words ”X Generation” means New Generation that eXclusive, eXtra Modern (High Tech), eXtra Cool, eXtra Dynamic, using eXtra Ordinary event and attending by eXtra Active people (communities). We involving Urban/Hobbies Communities to promoting and joining our company event. In this campaign, we have 3 point competition to conspicuous our 3 product character by collaborating 3 game competition based on its characters: Xeon – Airsoft Gun IPSC Competition (Extraordinary people, Think different, Unique taste), Jupiter MX – RC Drift Competition (Racing taste, Challenges lover, but Safety minded) , V-ixion On-line Game Competition (Innovation, Smart, Enjoy People). For making crowd engine for middle up segment, we made another competition such as : Ambience Photography Contest, Cosplay Contest, Lip Sync Contest, Facebook upload photo contest, also 20 Community Performances. (Band Japan, Karate Dance, Girlband, Dance, Hip hop, Female Dj, etc). To provide segment enlargement from Middle Segment and Middle-Low Segment , we chose the right Mall as a place for providing the Crowd .
Pre Event : All Community Base Camp + Forum & Soc-med, Big Bang : 2 days event @Royal Plaza, Post Event : TV Special Program + Forum & Social-Media.
Use of Media
- Metropolis – Jawa Pos (Urban Space Area), Kaltim Pos (Balikpapan-Samarinda)
- Yamaha Official Blog, Yamaha & Friends www.yamaha-friends.com
- Urban Communities. (Brochure + Banner)
- Communities internet forum & social media, such as :
- Suara Surabaya(SSFM) Radio Talkshow,
- SBO TV, Special Report (Youth Urban Culture – Local TV)
- Social Media platform (Facebook).
- X-Generation become most unique Automotive Event in 2011
- Success Buzz and Word of Mouth around Communities.
- Success Creating Yamaha Exclusive Images with Superior Product.
- Renovate Sales/Front Liner mental & mindset internally
- Success increase Yamaha Market Share for Xeon, Jupiter MX and V-ixion where the event was held and still increasing in 3 months after event , then reaching the new equilibrium.
- Success for lifting up SES grade for Yamaha Low End buyers, decrease NPL grade (Non Performing Loan), ==> interest rate goes down ==> more competitive sales.
- X-Generation becoming benchmark event.
- Successfull event without National Artist that is fully with people crowded from days to night for 2 days long. In the contrary with the past formula that provide National Artist is a must for a successful and crowded events.
The X Generation Event Photos
Peak Action Show Ambiance
Counter Terrorist Operation Begin !!!
Field Clearing by Special Ops.
After…hot several sequence Close Quarter Battle in the Mall…
Special Force Secure the Mall & the Mystery Cargo Box
Party Time !!!
Posted on June 5, 2012, in Creative Ideas, Innovative Visions, New Wave Strategy and tagged Brand Activation, brand advocate, brand loyalist, Creative, Event Creative, favorite event, Innovation, innovative event, Manager Promosi Yamaha, New Wave, New Wave Strategy, Promotion Manager Yamaha, visioner, Wiyanto Sudjono, X Generation. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.